Yoga for Athletes Certification with Shari Dale
- Trainer: Shari Dale ERYT 500 HR
- Fee: $250 member price $299 regular price
- No prerequisite required
- Type: 1 Day Certification
- Date: Sunday February 04, 2018
- Time: 9 am to 5:30 pm
- Location: AMEC room – Syncrude Sport & Wellness Centre
- Reserve your spot online at yogatemple.ca go to shopping cart
Each sport has a specific set of bio-mechanics and athletes train their bodies to perform these skills as efficiently as possible. Integrating Yoga into an athlete training program can reduce the chance of injuries.
Through this course we will look at the movement of specific sports and understand how common overuse injuries occur.
Develop and create programs that are compatible to current training schedule and goals of specific sports. Understand specific body parts and move through yoga postures that are beneficial to each body part.
Topics we will cover:
- Brief Anatomy
- Types of injuries-Top 10 for sports
- Repetitive motion and yoga sequences for running, cycling and swimming
- One sided sports and yoga sequences for paddling, kayak, canoe, paddle and golfers
- Multi Directional sports and yoga sequences for hockey, basketball, soccer, football, rugby and field hockey
- Start your day with a yoga class 9:00 am to 10:00 am guided by Shari Dale (suitable for all levels)
- Bring snacks, drinks and lunch to get you through your day
- Dress as comfortable as possible for a classroom setting